• Memphis Farmers Market opened for its seventh season last Saturday, with new market director Allison Cook. Other changes include the addition of four food trucks and a token system for debit, credit, and EBT payments. The market runs every Saturday from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. and features local produce, baked goods, and more.
Central Station Pavilion, 566 S. Front, memphisfarmersmarket.org
• Extensive renovations to the former fish market building on their lot will change the face of South Memphis Farmers Market this year, creating a retail space, an educational kitchen, and restrooms for patrons. The market, which kicks off its season in mid-May, will be open throughout the construction every Thursday from 1 to 6 p.m.
1400 Mississippi Blvd., somefm.org
• Cooper-Young Community Farmers Market switched to a year-round market last fall and now has extended hours every Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. They feature local produce, prepared foods, baked goods, live music, artisans, and more.
First Congregational Church, 1000 S. Cooper, cycfarmersmarket.org
• Church Health Center-MIFA Farmers Market will be open for its second season on May 1st. Every Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., the market offers locally raised fruits and vegetables and a free cooking class incorporating seasonal produce at 9 a.m. before the market opens.
Church Health Center Wellness, 1115 Union, churchhealthcenter.org
• Urban Farms Market is open year-round Tuesday through Friday from 1 to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. In addition to their stock of locally produced items, they sell their own produce from the Urban Farms Farm in Binghamton.
2977 Broad (257-9627)
• Whitehaven Farmers Market is back again this Saturday, in the parking lot across from Methodist South Hospital. Open every Monday from 1 to 6 p.m., this budding market features fresh produce, vegan goods, preserves, and baked goods.
1251 Wesley Drive (516-3580)
• Farmers Market at the Garden opens April 25th. Every Wednesday from 2 to 6 p.m., stop by the Botanic Garden for local fruits and vegetables, prepared foods, baked goods, arts and crafts, and more. Memphis Botanic Garden, 750 Cherry, memphisbotanicgarden.com
• Agricenter Farmers Market opens May 1st. The Saturday market, 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., features produce, baked goods, arts and crafts, coffee, Italian ice, seafood and meats, and more. On Monday through Friday, stop by from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. for a condensed version of the market, with primarily fresh fruits and vegetables.
7777 Walnut Grove, agricenter.org
• Germantown Farmers Market opens May 17th in the parking lot of Germantown Hardware. They will be open every Saturday from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. and offer produce, Amish baked goods, plants, and flowers. Germantown
Hardware, 2083 S. Germantown (756-9522), germantownhardware.com
• May 5th marks the opening date of the Millington Farmers Market. They will be open every Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and feature gardening seminars the second Saturday of each month and arts and crafts the last Saturday of each month.
5152 Easley, Millington (873-5770), millingtonparks.com
• Arlington Farmers Market opens this Saturday and will be open every Friday and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Expect produce, plants, and baked goods, as well as live music and arts and crafts on the third Saturday of each month
Arlington Open Air Market, 12016 Walker, Arlington
• The Collierville Farmers Market opens May 17th and offers produce, flowers, eggs, meat, milk, baked goods, and more every Thursday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Collierville United Methodist Church, 454 W. Poplar, colliervillefarmersmarket.org • Bartlett Station Farmers Market starts May 19th and will be open every Saturday from 7 to 11 a.m. This year, the market will be moving to Freeman Park for fresh produce, seafood, and more.
Freeman Park, 2629 Bartlett Blvd. (634-0024)