According to Sadler’s post on the “901” blog at Memphis magazine, the winning story will earn a $1,000 grand prize and will be published in a future issue of Memphis. Two honorable mention awards of $500 each will be given if the quality of entries warrants.
Below are contest rules.
1. Authors must live within 150 miles of Memphis.
2. Entries should be postmarked by February 1, 2015.
3. You may submit more than one story, but each entry must be accompanied by a $10 entry fee, with checks or money orders payable to Memphis magazine.
4. Each story should be typed, double-spaced, with unstapled, numbered pages. Stories should be between 3,000 and 4,500 words long. To avoid disqualification, please respect the maximum length.
5. Stories are not required to have a Memphis or Southern theme.
6. With each story should be a cover letter that gives us your name, address, phone number/email, and the title of your story. Please do NOT put your name anywhere on the manuscript itself.
7. Manuscripts may be previously published as long as previous publication was not in a national magazine with over 20,000 circulation or in a regional publication within Shelby County.
8. Manuscripts should be sent to FICTION CONTEST, c/o Memphis magazine, P.O. Box 1738, Memphis, TN 38101. NOTE: We cannot accept faxes or emails. Authors wishing their manuscripts returned must include a self-addressed stamped envelope with each entry.
Winners will be contacted by April 2015. If you have further questions, contact Marilyn Sadler at email@example.com. •