Marilyn Sadler, senior editor at Memphis magazine, has announced that the deadline for submitting short stories to the magazine's annual fiction contest has been extended. The new due date is February 15th. Contest rules are as follows:
1. Authors must live within 150 miles of Memphis.
2. Entries should be postmarked by February 15, 2015.
3. You may submit more than one story, but each entry must be accompanied by a $10 entry fee, with checks or money orders payable to Memphis magazine.
4. Each story should be typed, double-spaced, with unstapled, numbered pages. Stories should be between 3,000 and 4,500 words long. To avoid disqualification, please respect the maximum length.
5. Stories are not required to have a Memphis or Southern theme.
6. With each story should be a cover letter that gives us your name, address, phone number/email, and the title of your story. Please do NOT put your name anywhere on the manuscript itself.
7. Manuscripts may be previously published as long as previous publication was not in a national magazine with over 20,000 circulation or in a regional publication within Shelby County.
8. Manuscripts should be sent to FICTION CONTEST, c/o Memphis magazine, P. O. Box 1738, Memphis, TN 38101. NOTE: We cannot accept faxes or emails. Authors wishing their manuscripts returned must include a self-addressed stamped envelope with each entry.
As in the past, the winning story will earn a $1,000 grand prize and will be published in Memphis magazine's annual culture issue, which runs in June. Two honorable mention awards of $500 each will be given if the quality of entries warrants. Winners will be contacted by early April. This contest is cosponsored by The Booksellers at Laurelwood and Burke’s Book Store.
Winners will be contacted by April 2015. If you have further questions, contact Marilyn Sadler at email@example.com.