DJ Paul is known by many for co-founding the award-winning rap collective Three 6 Mafia and creating tracks that dominate clubs.
He's also an avid cook.
A few years ago, DJ Paul took his culinary passion to the next level and created his own barbecue rub
. He also launched a cooking website
that features special recipes and instructional videos.
Here is the recipe for DJ Paul’s pan-seared catfish:
1. Rinse catfish fillets
2. Coat the catfish with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1/2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper and DJ Paul’s BBQ Rub Seasoning
3. Cover catfish with saran wrap and place into refrigerator for 30 minutes
4. Place a pan over high heat on your stovetop and drizzle it with a little olive oil
5. When you start to see smoke rising from the pan, you can place the catfish onto the pan
6. Pan-fry the catfish for three minutes on each side
7. Add more DJ Paul’s BBQ Rub Seasoning, salt and pepper to taste
8. Serve with hot sauce or tartar sauce
Watch DJ Paul prepare the dish in the visual below.