May is National Hamburger Month, with Tuesday, May 28th National Hamburger Day, so let's chomping on some burger news.
• Huey's "Design the Next Huey's Burger" continues until May 31st. According to rep Shannon Little, they've received about 20 to 30 recipes for the contest so far.
The winner of the contest will have his/her creation included on the fall specials menu for six months. The winner also receives a $50 gift certificate.
For more information, go Huey's Facebook page.
• Back Yard Burger is celebrating National Hamburger Day (Tuesday, May 28th) at select locations by giving away Classic hamburgers to the first 100 customers.
Updated again to include additional Backyard Burgers participating in the giveaway in the area. They are:
- 2931 Kirby Whitten Road, Bartlett
- 1709 Whitten Road, Bartlett
- 1685 N. Germantown Pkwy, Cordova
- 8079 Trinity Road, Cordova
- 2110 West St., Germantown
- 6466 Poplar Ave.
- 436 Perkins Ext.
- 1723 Union
- 5091 Park
- 7545 Goodman Road, Olive Branch, MS
- 165 Goodman Road, Southaven, MS
Giveaway is between 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Hard Rock Cafe Memphis is having a "Bite it, Snap it Post it, Win it" contest. Diners take a selfie with their favorite Hard Rock burger and then post it on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #hardrockburger or upload it to hardrockburger.com. A winner is chosen every day with those then entered for a chance to win a 4-day, 3-night stay at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Punta Cana. The contest continues through May 31st