1. Wahlburgers Opening on Beale
People freaked when they heard the news. They were supposed to open last fall, but the building on Beale, where Sweeties was supposed to be remains untouched. A permit for half-a-million in work was pulled in November.
2. Pontotoc opening next week
This little restaurant on South Main never got much attention. Its second coming, as a jazz bar run by the Silly Goose owner, caused a fuss.
3. Carolina Watershed to open in South Main district
Exciting new restaurant/bar in the Loflin Yard vein.
4. Spaghetti Warehouse Closing
We admit it wasn't all that good, but there something to recommend about its familiarity. We'll miss it.
5. Hopdoddy Coming to Overton Square
Y'all way too interested in chain restaurants
6. New Central BBQ to open
Owners Craig Blondis and Roger Sapp handed over the popular bbq spot's reins to the Wilsons (of the Holiday Inn Wilsons) for expansion.
7. The Vault Going in the Double J Space
The Vault boasts a frost-producing cold rail on its bar and the expertise of chef Aaron Winters.
8. Fresh Bagels in Midtown from Dave's Bagels
The city was desperately in need for good bagels.
9. Tennessee Taco Opens Next Week
Tacos, tater tots, and donuts, y'all.
10. Majestic Folks Taking Over Brass Door
Deni and Patrick Reilly, who managed to make something of the Riverside Grill (now Front Porch) turn their attentions to the much loved but neglected Brass Door.