From left: Doug McGowen, Bruce McMullen, Ursula Madden, Jim Strickland, Brian Collins, Toney Armstrong.
Memphis Mayor-elect Jim Strickland has changed the leadership structure at Memphis City Hall and named his slate of top people in positions that will report directly to him.
• Memphis Police Department director Toney Armstrong will remain in the post on an interim basis.
• Brian Collins, the city's current finance director, will remain at city hall but in a new role, Chief Financial Officer.
• WMC-TV anchor Ursula Madden will join Strickland's team as Chief Communications Officer. See our other story here
• Doug McGowen, current leader of the Mayor's Innovation Delivery Team, will be the city's Chief Operating Officer.
• Bruce McMullen will be the city attorney and Chief Legal Officer.
• Alexandria Smith will be the Chief Human Resources Officer.
All of them will report to Strickland the he takes office on Jan. 1, 2016.
“A major contributor to my success as mayor will be the leadership team that supports my administration,” Strickland said in statement. “With the wealth of experience and knowledge that my new leadership team has, I feel certain that Memphis will rise to new heights during my tenure.”
Strickland said the restructuring will allow him to have a "more hands-on approach in directing city government."