The transition of seasons encourages some closet organization and practical wardrobe assessment. As a supplement to last week’s post with Thuyvi Vo
, we tackle how exactly does one create a wardrobe that works as a complete collection and how to organize your closet to ease the everyday choice of outfits. A few other fashion bloggers Kim Thomas
, Tara Skelley
, and Ariane Patrice
also chime in on their closest essentials and organizing tips.
Our compiled list of wardrobe essentials touches on what everyone should have this season but mainly items that will last through many seasons.
• A coat, tailored and neutral
• A blazer, tailored
• Dress shirt, white or chambray
• A quality pair of denim jeans
• Boyfriend t-shirt, V-neck
• Pair of boots
• Pair of sneakers
• Pair of loafers
• Scarf, quality material
• Travel bags. Shown above are a coordinating set by Madewell.
A Styled Closet
A styled closet can mean less time getting ready since everything coordinates and is easy to find. Here are a few things you can do to organize and make your closet look like your favorite retail store with a livable quality.
• Matching hangers, such as all wooden hangers.
• Organize by color.
• Separate by season if your closet is big enough to hold all seasons. If not, pack away what you don’t need.
• Purge anything you don’t wear or love. Only keep what you love.
• Organize by type and order of layer. For example, things you put on first are on one side then work your way across to outer layers like sweaters and coats.
• A small stool will help as you as you get shoes on. It’s also a great step stool or display for your hat.
• A small plush rug like a sheepskin rug amps up the style while keeping your feet comfortable.
Please let us know if you have any other suggestions for a stylish closet. Have a fantastic weekend.
Photographed at the Lofts at Merchants Row