- Pink Palace Museum
1. Pink Palace Museum
2. Memphis Brooks Museum of Art
3. Children's Museum of Memphis — tie — National Civil Rights Museum
The Pink Palace continues to be the best museum in the city, thanks to their planetarium, 3-D theater, and tons of other awesome attractions. First-time visitors will quickly recognize the Pink Palace as one of the top attractions in Memphis, something locals have known for years.
1. Crosstown Arts
2. David Lusk Gallery
3. Jay Etkin Art Gallery
Crosstown continues its reign
as one of the top new areas in Memphis, and what's a great neighborhood without a great art gallery? From workshops to art installations, Crosstown Arts is the premier place for cutting-edge art in Memphis.
Best College Gallery
1. Main Gallery, Memphis College of Art
2. Hyde Gallery, Memphis College of Art Nesin Graduate School — tie — Art Museum of the University of Memphis
3. Clough-Hanson Gallery, Rhodes College
Memphis College of Art features a mix of alumni, student, and working artists shows integrated into the school environment. The college also has a cool speaker series and plenty of public art to check out around the building.
Best Live Theater
1. The Orpheum
2. Playhouse on the Square
3. Theatre Memphis
Featuring plays, film screenings, comedians, and live musical performances, the Orpheum continues to be the go-to spot for entertainment of all kinds.
Best Movie Theater
2. Studio on the Square
3. Ridgeway Cinema Grill
For folks who like nothing more than to settle in deep and really enjoy a film (the 3-D-ier the better), there's no finer spot in town than Malco's Paradiso.
1. Horseshoe Tunica Hotel and Casino
2. Gold Strike Casino Resort
3. Southland Park Gaming and Racing
Tunica might technically not be in Memphis, but don't tell that to the locals and tourists who flock to the Horseshoe Casino every weekend. The Horseshoe has something for everyone, and with great food and an amazing live music lineup, you'll think you never left Memphis at all.
- Memphis Zoo
Best Family Entertainment
1. Memphis Zoo
2. Concerts at Levitt Shell
3. Memphis Redbirds Games — tie — Shelby Farms
The Memphis Zoo has long been considered one of the best in the nation, and with funding for a new herpetarium secured last month, even the reptiles will be living in style at the impressive institution known as the Memphis Zoo.
- Austin Nichols
Best Amateur Athlete
1. Austin Nichols, former Memphis Tigers Basketball player
2. Paxton Lynch, Memphis Tigers Football player
3. Shaq Goodwin, Memphis Tigers Basketball player
Well, this is kind of awkward. After being the face of U of M basketball for two seasons, Austin Nichols traded Blue and Gray for Orange and White when he left the University of Memphis for the University of Virginia this summer. No hard feelings, Austin, just remember your roots.
Best Professional Athlete
★ BOM 1. Marc Gasol, Memphis Grizzlies
2. Mike Conley, Memphis Grizzlies
3. Tony Allen, Memphis Grizzlies — tie — Zach Randolph, Memphis Grizzlies
What can we say about Marc "Big Spain" Gasol? All N.B.A. First Team. Object of "I want to climb him." Muse of this year's Mid-South Maze.
- Memphis Grizzlies
Best Sports Team
★ BOM 1. Memphis Grizzlies
3. Memphis Tigers Men's Basketball
We Don't Bluff. Grit and Grind. The Grindhouse. The Grindfather. With so many locally concocted slogans to choose from, it's safe to say that the Grizzlies have won the hearts of Memphians young and old. And after numerous consecutive N.B.A. playoff appearances, the men in Beale Street blue deserve all the accolades they can get. This is Hoop City, and the Grizzlies are kings of the court.
The Best of Memphis 2015
- Best of Memphis 2015: Introduction
- Best of Memphis 2015: Food & Drink
- Best of Memphis 2015: Nightlife
- Best of Memphis 2015: Arts & Entertainment
- Best of Memphis 2015: Media
- Best of Memphis 2015: Goods & Services
- Best of Memphis 2015: Staff Picks