Last week I was getting my hair cut when I overheard talk about the Best of Memphis. Try as I might to eavesdrop, it was hard to hear over the hair dryers and chatter. But what I did make out was something about the 300 categories on the ballot. That number isn't exactly accurate, but the point is taken. The ballot is long! a huge thanks goes out to our readers for taking the time to cast their votes in Best of Memphis. Your opinion counts.
And speaking of counting, I was interested in seeing what gets the most votes, so I went through the results. The top ten are:
- Memphis Grizzlies (Best Sports Team)
- Gus's Fried Chicken (Best Fried Chicken)
- Gibson's Donuts (Best Donuts)
- Hollywood Feed (Best Pet Store)
- Central BBQ (Best BBQ)
- The Booksellers at Laurelwood (Best Bookstore, new)
- Muddy's Bake Shop (Best Dessert Shop)
- Muddy's Bake Shop (Best Bakery)
- Buster's Liquors & Wines (Best Liquor Store)
- Jarvis Greer (Best Sportscaster)
Make of it what you will.
In addition to our readers, we would like to thank, as always, our advertisers. The Flyer wouldn't exist without them.
The BOM next to the winner's name means that they won by a vast majority. Reader's Choice means the vote was too close to proclaim a winner.
Best of Memphis was written by Richard Alley, Shara Clark, Chris Davis, Susan Ellis, Michael Finger, Chris McCoy, Bianca Phillips, Alexandra Pusateri, Toby Sells, Chris Shaw, Eileen Townsend, and Bruce VanWyngarden. Design is by Carrie Beasley, images by Justin Fox Burks, and graphics by Bryan Rollins.
The Best of Memphis 2015
- Best of Memphis 2015: Introduction
- Best of Memphis 2015: Food & Drink
- Best of Memphis 2015: Nightlife
- Best of Memphis 2015: Arts & Entertainment
- Best of Memphis 2015: Media
- Best of Memphis 2015: Goods & Services
- Best of Memphis 2015: Staff Picks