Twelve electric vehicle charging stations have been installed and are now operating in downtown parking garages.
ECOtality, a San Francisco-based company that specializes in energy-efficiency, and its partner, Blink Network, paid for the equipment and installation. Blink offers discounted access to charging stations to its members.
Costs for non-Blink members is $2 per hour or $1 to $1.50 per hour for members. Users must also pay parking garage fees.
Charging stations are location on the first and second floors of the following Downtown Parking Authority garages:
• The Justice Center Garage (245 Washington Avenue)
• Front Street Garage (85 North Front, between Adams and Jefferson)
• Riverfront Garage (Front Street at Monroe)
• Peabody Place Office Tower Garage (110 Peabody Place between Main and Second)
• Gayoso Parking Garage (Gayoso between Main and Second ).
• 250 Peabody Place Garage (250 Peabody Place between Third and Fourth).