EXTENDED ODDS & ENDS ODDS & ENDS NOTABLE
- Bibby Makes Good For everyone who doubted Sacramento Kings guard Michael Bibby, stop doing it. The man made good on all promises Tuesday night by putting a dagger in the Lakers in Game Five of the Western Conference Finals. His game-winning shot reminded everyone (again) that maybe the Jason Williams-Bibby trade wasnt such a great idea. In the playoffs, teams need guys who can hit shots. Bibby is turning into that guy.
- Dajuan Wagner Works Out For Grizzlies Probably the biggest surprise out there is that the Grizzlies would even bother. Wagner is good, very good, and the Grizzlies might be interested in some guard depth if Michael Dickerson isnt healthy next season. But Wagner is a bit on the small side, and without a big point guard (Williams is only six feet tall), then the Grizzlies are looking at a very small back court. Look to last season as an example as Brevin Knight and William Solomon were ineffective. Granted, Solomon is not Wagner, but Solomon is a terrific scorer, and comparable to Wagner in that both are undersized and both lack NBA dribbling ability. Are the Grizzlies actually interested in this guy? Who knows. But expect the parade of hopefuls to continue until Draft Day.
- RiverKings, Big Time The Memphis RiverKings, winner of this years CHL Presidents Cup championship, recently showed their hardware at the office of team dentists Dr. Robert Seymour and Dr. Jason Parolli. Thats right. Go visit this office and you too can ogle at the Presidents Cup on display. Considering the amount of business the good doctors probably reaped from the team, sending the cup over is a given. Hey, will that be the cup that patients can spit into?
- The Memphis/Mid-South Xplorers are getting a serious wake-up call. After posting a 4-1 record, the squad has slipped to 4-4 with three straight losses. In its most recent loss, the Xplorers gave up a 20 point first quarter lead to the Bossier City Battle Wings. The Xplorers sit at the bottom of the Central Division standings, but still have eight games to play.
- Head on over to the Memphis Redbirds website (www.memphisredbirds.com) and you will find a new feature called Dress Rockey. Apparently, fans can go over and suit the big bird up in all matter of clothing. For you sick perverts out there, no there is no lingerie to be found on the website. Ive already looked.
- "I wanted the shot all the way, and I knew it would go down. I can't say why. I just knew it. It felt right.'' Sacramento Kings guard Mike Bibby on his Western Conference Final Game 5 winning shot. The win pushes the Los Angeles Lakers to the brink of elimination at 3-2 of a best of seven series.
- ``It bothers me. I can't protect them. I'm worried about them at the same time I'm worried about trying to win a ballgame. You can't do that to somebody's family, put them in jeopardy for their safety. They came there to enjoy the game just like (the Celtics fans) did. New Jersey Nets guard Jason Kidd on what he called threatening taunts which he said Boston fans directed toward his wife and child.
- "That's home cooking for you. We know we got the short end of the stick for this game. Lakers forward Robert Horry, on what he believes is unfair foul calling in the Western Conference Finals.