1. The Air Force, which has threatened to move the Memphis Belle to a museum in Ohio, says the famed B-17 can stay here if the city promises it can draw 300,000 visitors annually. That's half the annual attendance of Graceland -- which will be a pretty tall order, we're afraid.
2. President Bush visits Memphis for a "Conversation about Social Security" in the Cannon Performing Arts Center -- an appropriate location for such a stage-managed performance. A woman who politely disputes one of the president's facts is escorted out by security. So, it's okay to have a "conversation" with W -- as long as you just shut up and agree with him?
3. An armed robber holds up a Collierville Walgreen's and tells the clerk all he wants is the prescription painkiller Oxycontin. Boy, that stuff must really work.
4. Deputy jailers are indicted for allegedly smuggling drugs into the jail. And one of those drugs is, yep, Oxycontin. You just know other pharmaceutical companies are thinking, "How can we create a similar demand for our products?"
5. The Tennessee Department of Transportation wants to set a 55 mph speed limit for trucks throughout Shelby County to reduce air pollution. No word yet on what they plan to do about all those pesky Vespas.